2012 Takes my Blog to Fiberluscious

2012 Takes my Blog to Fiberluscious
Click on the logo to see my newest Blog

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I'm thankful for.....

I have an amazing life. Some would call it rather simple. One of the reason I feel on top of the world is that I kind of do, in a small way. My husband and I live in a small apartment. We are in the top unit on the top of a hill on an even bigger hill. When I look at the skyline from my balcony I can see for miles and miles. We don't have much, but I don't remember a time when I felt more happy and fulfilled.


One reason I love my days so much is that I create for a living. I seem to work 24/7. If I'm not at the sewing machine, I'm dying fabric, sitting on the couch embroidering my little lovelies, or I'm sketching out new ideas in my many notebooks. I am very busy these days getting my shop on Etsy filled with fiber goodies. So busy that I haven't had time to create stuff to share with you for Thanksgiving. So, I'm sharing a few ideas I liked. Please visit the websites and blogs shown. The projects I am showing have great tutorials!

Here are some of my favorites-
Gorgeous Printable Garland from Silver Box Creative Studio She has offered this free printable with plenty of space to customize! Use it for garland, napkin rings and more!


I love this idea from www.BirchandBird.com. Wouldn't it be wonderful to bring this out year after year? Everyone could write their most thankful thoughts and maybe add photos. I would be a scrapbook on branches!


-------------------

Well, if you just have to go completely overboard, which is something I usually do, but thank goodness I'm not hosting this year - the prize would have to go to LotusHaus and their fall tornado decor. Hmmmm....where do you put the food?


--------------------
Look at this yummy idea from Bakerella! I think this will be my desert contribution for the family meal this year.


p.s. I made them with apples and they were such a hit! I used sugar in the raw to coat the outside of the crust. The crunch was nice and it made the extra crust to pie filling ratio sweeter. A bit tedious, but well worth the effort!
-------------------

Well, since I have nearly forgotten that this is a sewing blog, let me add some cute sewing project from some really wonderful blogs and handmade websites.
These adorable oven mitts are from Rachel Myers.



















Here are some adorable place mats from Lil Fish.













And last, but not least- What self-respecting cook does not have an apron for the big meal?

Here are a few of mine from my Etsy Shop...

























I hope your Thanksgiving is filled with unlimited blessings. I am very grateful that you stopped by to see what's up on my blog. It so much fun to bring these creative projects, thoughts and images to you.
As we move into the Christmas Season, I wish you much love and unlimited inspiration!

Happy Thanksgiving!















No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and questions!
Let me know what you are working on.
Request a stitchery product or kit.
Ask me about my Etsy shop.
Please note, all comments are moderated
so there may be a delay before yours is posted.